Синдром бернаут – это состояние хронического эмоционального истощения с соматическими (органными) и психическими симптомами. Опустошенные, переутомлённые люди работали с очень высоким уровнем мотивации в сфере своей профессиональной деятельности. Однако при наличии бернаут – синдрома их усердие, способность вдохновляться какими-то идеями и их идеализм невозможно мобилизовать даже предельным усилием воли.
When burnout syndrome occurs, the following factors play a decisive role:
- objective professional load: volume of work, labor density (number of tasks for a period of time, pressure of the time factor);
- the degree of responsibility for the assigned area of work and its implementation;
- the possibility of creating conditions for the performance of the work task;
- individual psychological factors: ambition, perfectionism, "assistant syndrome", the ability to process chronic stress. The development of burnout syndrome proceeds imperceptibly, from the onset of individual symptoms to a complete picture with complete disability and inability to cope with the demands of everyday life.
The nature and frequency of manifestation symptoms vary individually.
- sleep disorders (falling asleep and prolonged sleep)
- pain in various parts of the body
- digestive problems (diarrhea or constipation)
- nausea and vomiting
- hypertension (high blood pressure)
- tinnitus aurium (ringing in the ears with no apparent organ cause, often unpleasant persistent sounds)
- weight gain or loss
- decreased sexual activity
- often in addition to this: the emergence of dependence on alcohol, psychotropic drugs or drugs.
- concentration disorders
- chronic fatigue: the usual time allotted for rest does not give the proper feeling of relaxation
- uncertainty and fear: in this case, we can talk about obsessive fears (in relation to certain things or situations) or diffuse, non-specific fears
- emotional lability: strong mood swings that cannot be corrected by willpower
- depressive, depressed mood
- low threshold of frustration (a state of impossibility to satisfy any needs)
- loss of self-esteem: it seems that personal positive qualities and strengths, previously taken for granted, are no longer available
- the emergence of a feeling of depersonalization (feeling of alienness, "as if you are someone else")
- withdrawal: social ties are limited or interrupted, parts under the most ridiculous pretexts
- communication problems at home and at work
- Лечение органических симптомов: корректировка артериального давления, оптимизация питания, при необходимости – обмена веществ.
- Restoration of mental conditions, sleep hygiene.
- In the presence of any addiction: a withdrawal course.
- Psychotherapeutic treatment: activities that help to become aware of the subconscious elements that control behavior and lead to devastation, preparation for changing positions, planning specific steps in daily life.
- Analysis of the personal "stress pattern" and training of more favorable strategies in overcoming distress (negative stress).
- Planning specific steps in the field of professional activity of the patient.